|Policy Number: 2.2||Effective Date: February 1996|
|Responsible Unit: Financial Services - Purchasing||Last Revised Date: April 2021|
|Phone: 520-621-1747||Email: email@example.com|
Purpose and Summary
This Policy outlines the requirements for the processing of a requisition document (REQS) in UAccess Financials.
This policy applies to all University locations and units, including all University extensions, satellite locations, and off-site campus units, both domestic and international.
- Arizona BuyWays: The University of Arizona’s E-Procurement Solution, also referred to as Shop Catalogs.
- With limited exceptions, UAccess Financials must be used to create a purchase requisition for ordering all supplies, equipment, and services costing in excess of $10,000 from off-campus vendors.
- Specifications must be concise but complete in detail without being proprietary to a single vendor.
- Description information should be thorough and complete and should include the catalog or model number when available.
- Do not use line item description for messages or general comments; the notes and attachments field is intended for that purpose.
- The requisition creation and approval instructions can be found in the UITS Player online tutorials.
- Prior to submitting a requisition for the purchase of an instrument or item of equipment, the requesting department should ascertain whether power requirements or other utilities are available. These requirements should be specified on the requisition. Space requirements, floor landing, access by elevator, door openings, etc., should also be checked where applicable with Facilities Management.
- The status of a Purchase Requisition can be determined by "Conducting a Document Search" in UAccess Financials. Refer to the UITS Player online tutorials for instructions on how to perform a document search.
- Transactions of $25,000, or less may be eligible for purchase via the PCard or Arizona BuyWays. Refer to FSM 9.18 Small Dollar/Direct Purchases.
* Please note that sections titled Frequently Asked Questions and Related Information are provided solely for the convenience of users and are not part of the official University policy.