|Policy Number: 3.2||Effective Date: July 2009|
|Responsible Unit: Financial Services - Purchasing||Last Revised Date: April 2021|
|Phone: 520-621-1747||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Purpose and Summary
The purpose of this policy is to establish an efficient, cost-effective method for purchasing and payment of small dollar transactions (not exceeding $10,000 on PCard or $25,000 on Arizona BuyWays) that do not require an informal or formal competitive solicitation process.
This policy applies to all University locations and units, including all University extensions, satellite locations, and off-site campus units, both domestic and international.
- Arizona BuyWays: The University’s web-based E-Procurement system that provides access to multiple vendors and contracted pricing via UAccess Financials Shop Catalogs.
- Purchasing Card (PCard): A University credit card for traditional small dollar purchases not to exceed $10,000 that is used wherever Visa is accepted. All transactions made using the PCard must benefit and support the University's mission of education, research, and public service, and be in compliance with the Purchasing Card Policies Manual and University policy for allowable expenditures.
- Small Dollar Direct Purchases: Purchases not exceeding $10,000 utilizing the University Purchasing Card (PCard) or $25,000 utilizing Arizona BuyWays when existing University Contracts or Inter-Departmental sources cannot satisfy the need.
- It is the policy of the University to provide efficient purchasing methods for Small Dollar Direct Purchases that do not require a requisition or purchase order.
- Small Dollar Direct Purchases do not require informal or formal competitive solicitation.
- All Small Dollar Direct Purchases must be used for University of Arizona business only, not for personal use.
- For procedures on determining purchase method and allowability, refer to FSM 9.18 Small Dollar/Direct Purchase Procedures.
* Please note that sections titled Frequently Asked Questions and Related Information are provided solely for the convenience of users and are not part of the official University policy.