|Policy Number: 6.8||Effective Date: January 2002|
|Responsible Unit: Financial Services - Purchasing||Last Revised Date: April 2008|
|Phone: 520-621-5449||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Purpose and Summary
The purpose of this policy is to provide information regarding the requirements and processes for buying office furniture.
This policy applies to all University locations and units, including all University extensions, satellite locations, and off-site campus units, both domestic and international.
- The universities haves determined that furniture standardization allows the universities the benefits of lowest price, established quality, best delivery and ease of ordering, and therefore established a Tri-University Furniture Contract that features several categories of furniture. The categories are as follows:
- Metal File Cabinets
- Classroom Seating
- Storage Cabinets
- Systems Furniture
- Wood Case Goods
- Guest Seating
- Desk Systems
- Conference Room Seating
- Ergonomic Seating
- Computer Tables
- Stacking Chairs
- Conference Room/Office Tables
- Awards have been made per furniture group which will effectively standardize the furniture utilized at the three universities. The contracts will be used for all furniture purchases where there is not a need to match an existing furniture installation.
- Delivery schedules for office furniture varies from 6-8 weeks depending on the selection and type. Please plan your furniture needs well in advance of actual need.
- Vendor sales representatives are available as required to assist departments with furniture selection. Design service, if required, will be incorporated as a percentage of cost for the furniture ordered.
- Furniture should be selected from the current contracts. Deviations from the current contracts shall be handled in accordance with the procedures outlined in Purchasing Policy 4.13 University-Wide Contracts and Strategic Alliances.
- For additional information, contact the Purchasing office at 621-5449 or 621-1747.
* Please note that sections titled Frequently Asked Questions and Related Information are provided solely for the convenience of users and are not part of the official University policy.