|Policy Number: 6.6||Effective Date: February 1996|
|Responsible Unit: Financial Services - Purchasing||Last Revised Date: September 2011|
|Phone: 520-621-1747||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Purpose and Summary
The purpose of the policy is to outline the requirements and procedures for ordering radioactive materials.
This policy applies to all University locations and units, including all University extensions, satellite locations, and off-site campus units, both domestic and international.
- A Requisition for the purchase of radioactive materials must be approved by Research Laboratory & Safety Services (RLSS) before it may be processed by Purchasing.
- Requisitions must be coded with object code 5240 which will route the Requisition directly to RLSS for the required approval. Also, the requisition description should include the isotope, chemical form, protocol number and package size.
- Requisitions for radioactive material must contain the following notation:
RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL ORDERED UNDER APPROVAL NO. _____________
- Radioactive Materials will be delivered to RLSS – 1717 E. Speedway Blvd Suite 1201. RLSS technical staff will make final delivery to the Researcher.
- For further information, contact RLSS at 626-6850.
* Please note that sections titled Frequently Asked Questions and Related Information are provided solely for the convenience of users and are not part of the official University policy.