|Policy Number: 4.14||Effective Date: October 2008|
|Responsible Unit: Financial Services - Purchasing||Last Revised Date: October 2008|
|Phone: 520-621-1747||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Purpose and Summary
The purpose of this policy is explain the Legal Worker Certification and the requirements for using it.
Arizona Revised Statutes § 41-4401
This policy applies to all University locations and units, including all University extensions, satellite locations, and off-site campus units, both domestic and international.
- As required by Arizona Revised Statute § 41-4401, the University is prohibited, after September 30, 2008, from awarding a contract to any Contractor, or whose Subcontractors fail, to comply with A.R.S. § 23-214, subsection A.
- Prior to award of all Contracts with an aggregate cost of $100,000, or more, for Services; Construction or Maintenance of any Structure, Building or Transportation Facility; or improvements to Real Property, the Contractor will be required to sign a Legal Workers Certification form verifying they, and their Subcontractors, comply with A.R.S. § 23-214, subsection A.
- The certification will normally be obtained from the vendor through the bid or proposal solicitation process. In the event of a Sole Source or Emergency procurement, where a solicitation may not be issued, the vendor must complete the certification before an award may be made by the University.
- A list of Suppliers that have registered in the E-Verify program, managed by the US Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, is updated approximately every three months.
* Please note that sections titled Frequently Asked Questions and Related Information are provided solely for the convenience of users and are not part of the official University policy.