|Policy Number: 4.1||Effective Date: February 1996|
|Responsible Unit: Financial Services - Purchasing||Last Revised Date: August 2006|
|Phone: 520-621-1747||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Purpose and Summary
The purpose of this policy is to outline the requirements and procedures for contacting sales representatives.
This policy applies to all University locations and units, including all University extensions, satellite locations, and off-site campus units, both domestic and international.
- When writing to prospective suppliers for information, University personnel must include the statement, "Information requested for planning and budgeting purposes only. Purchase Order will be issued by Financial Services Purchasing or an authorized buyer when a procurement decision is made."
- Only buyers with authority delegated by the Chief Procumbent Officer are authorized to assign a purchase order number.
- University personnel having a need to contact sales representatives about a particular brand name or product may contact the vendor for the required information. If you need assistance, contact Purchasing.
- University personnel who are approached by sales representatives should remind them to contact the Purchasing Office if they haven’t already. Purchasing instructs sales representatives to call and make an appointment if they want to contact a University department about their products.
* Please note that sections titled Frequently Asked Questions and Related Information are provided solely for the convenience of users and are not part of the official University policy.