|Policy Number: 6.1||Effective Date: February 1996|
|Responsible Unit: Financial Services - Purchasing||Last Revised Date: October 2007|
|Phone: 520-621-1747||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Purpose and Summary
The purpose of this policy is to outline the process for the disposition of University surplus property.
Arizona Revised Statutes §§ 41-2601 – 2607
This policy applies to all University locations and units, including all University extensions, satellite locations, and off-site campus units, both domestic and international.
- The Surplus Property Office is responsible for the disposal of all surplus or excess property.
- All equipment sold to individuals will be by competitive bidding or through the Surplus Property Storefront. Storefront sales will be for those pieces of equipment for which the market price has been determined, normally because of numerous like items being received. Procurement and Contracting Services employees may not purchase items for a period of 7 days after said items have been placed for sale through the Storefront.
- For further information, review the Property Management Manual - Policy 3.00 Disposal, or call the Surplus Property Office at 621-1754.
- The disposal of any federally acquired excess property must be coordinated with Sponsored Projects Services. The disposal of surplus federal property must still be cleared through the Surplus Property Office.
- For additional information, contact the Surplus Property Office at 621-1754.
- The process begins with entering a disposal request in the Surplus Property system via the Surplus Property Management System. A user name and password are required to enter the system. Once approved, Department Heads and Business Managers are able to enter new users and assign passwords, as well as security levels.
- Once the disposal request is entered, and authorized, the request is electronically routed to the Surplus Property Office for processing.
* Please note that sections titled Frequently Asked Questions and Related Information are provided solely for the convenience of users and are not part of the official University policy.