|Policy Number: 4.2||Effective Date: February 1996|
|Responsible Unit: Financial Services - Purchasing||Last Revised Date: August 2006|
|Phone: 520-621-1747||Email: email@example.com|
Purpose and Summary
The purpose of the policy is to provide information as to the selection of vendors to provide goods/services to the University.
This policy applies to all University locations and units, including all University extensions, satellite locations, and off-site campus units, both domestic and international.
- Authority for the final selection of the vendor is the responsibility of Purchasing. We encourage the departments to submit the names and addresses of known vendors and we will add to the selection list from our file.
- Vendors must comply with the Equal Opportunity Act (Executive Order 11246, as amended) since it is the policy of the University to promote the full realization of Equal Employment Opportunity through an Affirmative Action program.
- Departments should keep Purchasing informed of transactions which work well for them, as well as those on which problems arise.
- Vendors are selected for their capability to serve the needs of the University in the most economical and efficient manner possible. Past performance and cooperation are important factors.
* Please note that sections titled Frequently Asked Questions and Related Information are provided solely for the convenience of users and are not part of the official University policy.