11.10 General

Last Revised Date
Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 11:33 am


To provide direction to University departments regarding reporting requirements on the relocation and movement of University and sponsor owned property.


Powers and duties of the University President, ABOR Policy 3-801 and 3-802

Authority below applies ONLY to Federal Property (acquisition dollars or title):

  • 48 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 45
  • 2 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 200 (“Uniform Guidance”) 

POLICY:  The temporary or permanent relocation of University and sponsor owned equipment must be reported to Property Management-FSO.

If a piece of equipment, such as a laptop computer is utilized by different people at different locations, it is to be classified as portable equipment and recorded in the Capital Asset Module (CAM) as "NORM LC" for the Building Room Number field and the name of the staff person responsible for checking the equipment out in the Asset Representative Principal Name in the Organization Information in the Asset Record. The person responsible for the temporary issuance of the equipment shall maintain a log of who checks out the equipment.





  1. If equipment is relocated, temporarily or permanently, within the custodial department and building or to another department, the loaning department is responsible for informing Property Management-FSO of the new location.
  2. The loaning department remains responsible for the equipment during the loan period.
  3. If the equipment is permanently transferred to another department without cost to another department, notify the Property Management-FSO by memorandum. Include a description of the item, the UA tag number, the new department and location of the item and the receiving department's signature.