|Policy Number: 11.10||Effective Date:|
|Responsible Unit: Property Management||Last Revised Date: 01/10/2023|
|Email: FNSV-PropertyManagement@arizona.edu||Phone: 520-621-8609|
Purpose and Summary
To provide direction to University of Arizona (University) departments regarding reporting requirements on the relocation and movement of University Movable Equipment and Sponsor Owned Property including inter-departmental transfers or loans.
Arizona Board of Regents Policy, including, but not limited to: 3-801 and 3-802
Applies only to equipment purchased on sponsor funds or furnished by a sponsor:
- Government Property, 48 C.F.R. § 45
- Government Property, 48 C.F.R. § 52.245-1
- Government Property, 48 C.F.R. § 245
- Government Property, 48 C.F.R. § 1852.245
- Uniform Guidance, 2 C.F.R. § 200
This policy applies to all University locations and units, including all University extensions, satellite locations, and off-site campus units, both domestic and international.
Custodial Department: A department or unit of the University having physical control of equipment (i.e., the using department, owning department, or sponsoring department for a contract).
Movable Equipment: Equipment of any value that is portable, stand-alone, complete in itself, does not lose identity when affixed to or installed in other equipment, and has a useful life of one year or more.
- Capital – Equipment costing $5,000 or more
- Non-Capital – Equipment costing less than $5,000
Organization Owner Account Number: The account number in UAccess Financials Capital Asset Management (CAM) Module that dictates the organization code responsible for an asset which is not required to correspond with any past or future accounts used to pay for the asset.
Principal Investigator: The individual who has ultimate responsibility for the design, execution, and management of a sponsored project.
Sponsor: A Government Agency or other entity that provides external funding or other support to the University through sponsored awards.
Sponsor Owned Property: All tangible property, both real and personal. Property includes material, equipment, special tooling, special test equipment, and real property where said property is titled to the sponsor.
- The temporary or permanent relocation of University Movable Equipment and Sponsor Owned Property must be reported to Financial Services Property Management within 10 business days. Reported changes will be reflected in the University system of record within 5 business days of receiving the communication to ensure compliance with both State and Federal regulations.
- Equipment which is utilized by multiple people at multiple locations is classified as portable equipment. Location changes for portable equipment are not entered in the University system of record. The asset custodian shall maintain a log documenting the location of the equipment.
Custodial Department/Principal Investigator
- If equipment is relocated, temporarily or permanently, within the custodial department, or loaned to another department, the custodial department is responsible for informing Property Management of the new location via email within 10 business days. The custodial department remains responsible for the equipment during the loan period.
- If the equipment is permanently transferred to another department without cost, notify the Property Management via email within 10 business days. The communication must also include the Asset Tag number, the new department’s Organization Owner Account Number, and the new asset location. The receiving department's responsible person must also be copied on the email.
- Portable equipment is recorded in UAccess Financials’ CAM with “NO RM LC” for the Building Room Number field. The person responsible for the temporary issuance of the equipment shall maintain a log containing the user checking out the equipment, temporary location, and dates checked in and out. The name of the person responsible for maintaining the log will be recorded in the Asset Representative Principal Name field under the Organization section.
- Once notified of the temporary or permanent relocation of equipment, edit asset record in UAccess Financials’ CAM module to reflect reported change within 5 business days.
Frequently Asked Questions