To provide direction to university departments regarding the use of University and sponsor owned equipment.
Powers and duties of the University President, ABOR Policy 3-801 and 3-802
Authority below applies ONLY to Federal Property (acquisition dollars or title):
- 48 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 45
- 2 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 200 (“Uniform Guidance”)
University owned equipment may be used only for university purposes. Permissible university purposes include the following:
- An individual's performance of assigned University duties.
- Research and public service supported by a sponsored grant, contract or cooperative agreement.
- A faculty member's research.
- An individual's service to a non-profit professional association or community organization where the individual is not receiving any compensation.
- Other activities as approved by the individual's department chair, dean, director or designee, as appropriate.
The University may rent equipment in the furtherance of its public service mission to non- university individuals and entities, and to university employees only when they are acting outside of the university employment.
The University prohibits the personal use of University and sponsor owned equipment.