To provide direction to University departments on policies related to purchasing documents, the corresponding items received by departments and how to report errors as well as notify Financial Services Office (FSO) – Property Management of the receipt of assets and their unique identifying information.
Powers and duties of the University President, Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR) Policy 3-802
Authority below applies ONLY to Federal Property (acquisition dollars or title):
- 48 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 2, Part 45, and Part 52
- 2 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 200 (“Uniform Guidance”)
Procurement & Contracting Services (PACS) Purchasing Policies
The department is charged with the responsibility of checking all deliveries/packages they receive (outside of PACS - Central Receiving) for any discrepancies incident to shipment and for notifying FSO – Property Management of the receipt of assets and their unique identifying information.
- Departments have the responsibility to inspect all delivered products against the invoice to ensure all items are received and accounted for.
- For specific instructions on how to handle errors in shipping by the Vendor, damages, and/or shortages/overages, please refer to the PACS Policy – V. Special Responsibilities of University Departments (http://www.pacs.arizona.edu/manual_page06).
- Departments also have the responsibility to notify FSO – Property Management of the model number, serial number and receive date of newly received assets that are assigned an N- or A-tag so that these assets can be updated in UAccess Financials.