- Prepare a Request for Authorization to Dispose of Movable Assets form and indicate Other with the notation of cannibalization.
- Upon approval by the department head to cannibalize, send a copy of the form referencing the A-tag (s) number to Property Management-FSO .
- Maintain Cannibalization Records in a central location.
FSO - PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
- Upon receipt of the signed form delete the asset from the University Capital Asset Module (CAM).
- Request from FSO - Property Management a new A-tag for any new asset(s) created from the assembly of cannibalized parts, if the capitalization criteria is met.
- Advise FSO - Property Management of the value of cannibalized parts incorporated into other equipment items if the capitalization criteria is met.
- When the residual of the cannibalized property is turned into Surplus Property for final disposition, attach the Request for Authorization to Dispose of Movable Assets.
- It is the department head's responsibility to monitor the cannibalization process to protect the University's property from unnecessary disassembly or destruction.
- If the appropriate authorized signatures on the correct documentation are received, process as normal turned-in equipment, and the item enters the disposal cycle.
- The equipment will not be removed from that department's inventory until authorization has been received.